Dear Families and Friends ,
It really can’t be said enough—your children’s health, and the health of our employees, are our top priority. And every decision we make is through that lens. We want to be sure the approach we are taking to reopen is thoughtful, and that we are creating a dental environment that is safe for everyone.
Each patient will need to complete the COVID-19 Screening Form prior to your appointment.
What are some new office protocols?
We take pride that in our dental office, the application of the strictest, evidenced-based universal
infection control measures have always been a top priority for our practice, and we we will continue
to follow the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control.
In our effort to reduce the spread of COVID 19 and increase patient and staff safety, we have implemented some new protocols:
– All patients will have a short phone interview before your appointment is confirmed.
– When you arrive, we ask that you remain in your car and call us, until you get the green light to come up. This will minimize multiple patients crossing paths.
– Please arrive with a mask or face covering and consider bringing a sweater since the office may be colder than usual.
– When you arrive, we will re-confirm that you do not have any cold, flu or allergy symptoms (allergy symptoms may mimic flu symptoms).
– We will take everyone’s temperature with a ‘no touch’ thermometer.
– We request that you use the hand sanitizer in the reception area upon entering the office, and we encourage frequent handwashing.
– Please have your child brush their teeth before the appointment.
– We may ask your child to use a pre-procedural over the counter mouth rinse (Peroxyl 1.5% hydrogen peroxide) as recommended by the American Dental Association.
– Also, please be aware that our previous treasure box and prize shelf items have been put away at this time. We have a smaller selection of prizes that are individually wrapped and handed out by our front office staff.
New Office Updates
We’re making updates to our office and the way we serve you to help keep everyone healthy. Some of those updates include:
-Conducting daily health screenings of our employees.
-Taking steps to allow for social distancing, such as staggering our appointment times and limiting the amount of people entering the office.
-Plexiglass partitions have been put up for the front desk, and a full-size privacy screen is now used in the exam area between dental chairs, as needed.
-New equipment has been added at each dental chair, including state of the art Vanguard suction systems, and dry shields, which help contain aerosols.
-New Teledentistry communication system
-New uniforms and wearing some additional PPE’s
-Changing gowns after every patient
-New building air filtering system
We look forward to seeing you at your appointment. Please call the office with any questions you may have.