Dear Families and Friends ,
It really can’t be said enough—your children’s health, and the health of our employees, are our top priority. And every decision we make is through that lens. We want to be sure the approach we are taking to reopen is thoughtful, and that we are creating a dental environment that is safe for everyone.
Each patient will need to complete the COVID-19 Screening Form prior to your appointment.
COVID-19 Screening Form
What are some new office protocols?
We take pride that in our dental office, the application of the strictest, evidenced-based universal infection control measures have always been a top priority for our practice, and we will continue to follow the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control. In our effort to reduce the spread of COVID 19 and increase patient and staff safety, we have implemented some new protocols:
- All patients will have a short phone interview before your appointment is confirmed.
- When you arrive, we ask that you remain in your car and call us, until you get the green light to come up. This will minimize multiple patients crossing paths.
- Please arrive with a mask or face covering.
- When you arrive, we will reconfirm that you do not have any cold, flu or allergy symptoms (allergy symptoms may mimic flu symptoms)
- We will take everyone’s temperature with a ‘no touch’ thermometer.
- We request that you use the hand sanitizer in the reception area upon entering the office, and we encourage frequent handwashing.
- Please have your child brush their teeth before the appointment.
- We may ask your child to use a pre-procedural over the counter mouth rinse (Peroxyl 1.5% hydrogen peroxide) as recommended by the American Dental Association.
New Office Updates
We’re making updates to our office and the way we serve you to help keep everyone healthy. Some of those updates include:
- Conducting daily health screenings of our employees
- Taking steps to allow for social distancing of six feet or more, including limiting the number of employees and customers in the office
- New Teledentistry communication system and new dental equipment
- New uniforms and wearing some additional PPE’s
- Changing gowns after every patient
- New building air filtering system